What is the secret of GinSen’s successful ‘Stop Smoking’ Programme?
Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs known. TCM is very effective in combating such an addiction through the use of acupuncture. Indeed, because of its proven effectiveness in helping overcome all manners of addictions, acupuncture is thus widely used in drug detox clinics.
“Smoking is an addiction that causes you to suffer from an uncontrollable dependence on cigarettes to the point where stopping smoking can cause severe mental and physical reactions. This makes stopping smoking extremely difficult even though it is causing you harm”. —–Dr Lily explained
Stopping smoking causes various symptoms including: craving for tobacco, feelings of agitation, anxiety, an upset stomach and difficulty in sleeping.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture works by counteracting the effects of nicotine withdrawal. It:
- Reduces the physical and emotional craving for tobacco
- Promotes a sense of calm which lasts between treatments
- Balances the nervous system so that you do not feel agitated or anxious
- Soothes the digestive system
- Helps you to sleep better and raises energy levels.
- Maintains normal appetite levels so you do not gain weight
Most people find that acupuncture also changes their experience of smoking as:
- The taste of tobacco smoke becomes unpleasant
- The smell of tobacco smoke makes them nauseous
- Smoking makes them feel unpleasantly warm
How many acupuncture treatments will I need?
While this varies from person to person, we normally recommend:
- Two treatments per week for the first two weeks to help you get through the most difficult stage.
- Weekly sessions for another two weeks
- Each session will be of 30-45 minutes duration
GinSen has many clients who will happily attest to our success in helping them break their dependence on tobacco – see Testimonials to read their stories.