Why You Should Detox after a Failed IVF Cycle to Boost Fertility
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a common and effective procedure that helps women achieve conception. In fact, since 1991, over 1.3 million cycles of IVF have been performed in the United Kingdom. Over the past few decades, the success rates for IVF have increased. However, there are no guarantees of conception, and some IVF cycles may fail.
If this has happened to you, there is hope. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has a long history of helping women to detox after IVF to improve the odds of conception. To learn more about how TCM can assist with a fertility cleanse, read on.
The Side Effects of IVF
Some of the side effects of IVF are quite unwelcome. These may be physical effects such as irregular or painful periods, fluid retention or bloating, hot flashes, irritability, and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. In addition to these, some women struggle with depression and anxiety. Over 59% of women who have undergone IVF report instances of mental struggles during the process.
Those who have successfully conceived may experiences the adverse effects of anxiety and depression post-partum. Due to the risks associated with embryo transfer, some women may experience post-partum hemorrhaging. Those who have conceived through IVF also have a higher chance of delivery via cesarian section. Lastly, babies conceived using IVF have a higher chance of admission to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) than babies who were conceived naturally.
Long-Term Effects of IVF
In the long-term, women who have undergone IVF may be at a higher risk for some cancers. Some drugs that are intended to stimulate ovulation may increase the risk of both ovarian and breast cancers. This risk is higher in women who already have a family history of cancer as well as in women who began IVF treatment after the age of 30.
Another possible long-term effect of IVF is an increase in the risk of cardiovascular events. A study out of the Women’s College Hospital at University of Toronto demonstrated that the rate of cardiovascular events in women who received fertility treatments was 19% in those who did not give birth when compared to those who did. These include an increase in instances of thrombosis as well as both ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
Women who suffer from endometriosis will want to ensure they are working with a highly-skilled professional when undergoing IVF. Endometriosis is an estrogen-dependent illness. This means that the presence of certain hormones may make the condition worse. The approach to IVF will differ for women with endometriosis as certain follicle stimulating medications may worsen their condition.
Detox After IVF
To restore the body back to proper balance and good health, TCM practitioners recommend an infertility detox after an unsuccessful round of IVF.
A cleanse after IVF aims to eliminate toxins and excess hormones that may have built up in your body during the IVF process, helps to improve the uterine environment while unblocking energy channels, and improving blood flow and nutrition to support the quality of your eggs, to increase the odds of a successful pregnancy.
An infertility detox may involve any of the following:
- Acupuncture for Detox after IVF: Acupuncture has been helping women to conceive for ages. It has been shown to increase circulation to the uterus and ovaries to create favorable conditions for conception. It has the added benefit of reducing stress thanks to its ability to encourage the release of the feel-good hormone serotonin. It can even help to reduce inflammation.
- Cupping for Cleanse after IVF: A cleanse after IVF may also include cupping. Cupping involves placing cups directly on the skin to create negative pressure through suction. This suction helps to restore balance to the hormones, improve circulation, and eliminate toxins.
- Moxibustion: Moxibustion is an age old practice that uses the burning of moxa cone to improve healing. As the acupuncture points are warmed during a fertility cleanse, Qi and yang will be purified and strengthened. Moxibustion will help to eliminate coldness, water retention, mucus, and inflammation. It will also help to improve circulation which in turn can restore hormonal balance.
Additional Fertility Cleanse Options
There are other simple actions to take as part of an infertility detox. For example:
- Drink herbal tea: Sipping on herbal tea that is high in polyphenols can help to reduce inflammation while regulating detoxifying enzymes. It also contains antioxidants and can help to improve blood flow.
- Massage: Enjoying a massage is helpful during a cleanse after IVF and has the added benefit of providing relaxation. Stimulating the lymphatic system through massage may help to relieve pain and fatigue while improving organ function.
- Diet and lifestyle changes: When undergoing an infertility detox, be sure to load up on plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables as well as nuts to aid in ridding the body of toxins. These foods are high in phytonutrients and will help rid the body of toxins. Adding fruits and vegetables at mealtime is a simple and easy way to provide the body with needed nourishment.
If you have undergone IVF and would like to ensure your body is in the best possible shape to conceive, consider a fertility cleanse. Treatments such as acupuncture, moxibustion, and cupping have been used in TCM for centuries and have been proven to restore balance, reduce inflammation, improve blood flow while tonifying Qi and yang.
There are also simple changes that you can make to aid in infertility detox. Enjoying herbal tea, massage, and increasing your intake of fruits, vegetables, and nuts will help to remove toxins while reducing fatigue. To learn more about what is involved in a fertility cleanse, speak to a TCM practitioner about your options so that you can increase your chances of conception and a healthy pregnancy.
Detox Remedy is a natural stress and cleanse support supplement. GinSen’s detox supplement is formulated to support your body’s natural detoxification process after IVF, eliminating toxins and heat accumulated in the body.
For more information about how Chinese Medicine can help you to increase your chances of conception, book your free consultation with our Chinese Medicine experts today
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our clinics website: GinSen where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.