Can You Get Pregnant with One Blocked Fallopian Tube Blocked?
When it comes to cases of infertility, it is believed that about 25-30% of those cases are due to a blocked fallopian tube. There are a number of possible causes for such blockages. For example, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), sexually transmitted infections, endometriosis, inflammation, or abdominal surgery all may lead to a blocked fallopian tube. Thankfully, there is hope for women who are trying to conceive with one fallopian tube blocked, thanks for Chinese Medicine. To learn more, read on.
Pregnancy Is Still a Possibility With One Fallopian Tube Blocked
Getting pregnant with one fallopian tube blocked is absolutely feasible. During ovulation, an egg may still find its way to the functioning tube. There are options within both Western medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that are proven to lead to conception.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Perspective on Blocked Fallopian Tubes
The aim of TCM is to bring balance to yin and yang energy. When there is an imbalance, the result can be Qi stagnation, blood stasis, or deficiency. Imbalances may also be associated with excessive coldness or heat which can then lead to diminished fertility. Both coldness and heat may be accompanied by dampness. Once a TCM practitioner identifies symptoms, they will work to bring balance back to the body using such practices as acupuncture or Chinese medicinal herbs.
Some treatments in western medicine include:
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): During IVF, medications are administered to suppress the menstrual cycle while other medications are used to encourage ovulation. The eggs will then be collected, once retrieved, they are combined with sperm to begin the fertilization process.
Becoming pregnant using IVF has a 32% chance of success for women under the age of 35. Though many women successfully conceive using IVF, the entire process of IVF is lengthy and costly. Many find themselves paying close to £5,000 for each cycle of treatment. This is where Chinese medicine and acupuncture can offer and natural alternative solution to IVF if you are looking to get pregnant with both or one blocked fallopian tube.
Combination of surgery and IVF: Getting pregnant with one fallopian tube blocked is possible with both surgery and IVF. Various tubal surgeries combined with IVF have excellent rates of success. It is estimated that this combination results in an 85% rate of conception. The downside, however, is that such surgeries are invasive and will require anesthesia. Depending on where you live, it may also be cost-prohibitive.
What Do Studies and Research say About Acupuncture and TCM for Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
Many age-old treatments commonly used in TCM have been shown in studies to improve conception rates. A study out of the Department of Radiology and Imaging at The Third People’s Hospital of Yunnan Province stated that treatment with Chinese medicine herbs can improve conception rates two-fold over a three-to-six-month period as compared to the fertility drugs used in Western medicine.
Other studies have demonstrated that acupuncture has the ability to reduce inflammation, regulate hormones, improve ovarian reserve. When combined with IVF, acupuncture results in even higher rates of success.
Natural Treatments for One Fallopian Tube Blocked
Some of the drug-free options to treat a blocked fallopian tube include:
- Dong Quai: Dong Quai is an herb that grows in parts of Asia. Practitioners of TCM often refer to Dong Quai as “female ginseng” because it helps to lessen fatigue and regulate the menstrual cycle. It can improve conditions such as blood clots and as well as harmonize and nourish the blood. It is effective in improving conception rates for women with one fallopian tube blocked due to its ability to enhance circulation and provide nourishment to the liver.
- Mugwort: Mugwort, also known as wormwood, is a plant that is native to parts of Asia, Europe, and North Africa. It helps to protect the liver and to relieve the liver stagnation that may be causing infertility.
- Cinnamomi Ramulus: Herbal concoctions containing Cinnamomi Ramulus help to improve the likelihood of conception by improving blood circulation and eliminating stasis while reducing cold and nourishing the blood. It has even been successful in eliminating blockages.
- Exercise: Getting 30-60 minutes of regular exercise each day has been shown to reduce the risk of infertility. It is important to get an optimal amount of exercise as reduced ovulation may be associated with extreme exercisers. Stick with low-impact exercise such as walking, biking, and light resistance training.
- Fertility Massage: Some patients have been able to eliminate blockages through the use of fertility massage. It may even help those who are struggling with infertility due to adhesions while relieving the pain that is associated with endometriosis.
How Can I get Pregnant with One Fallopian Tube?
To ensure quick and successful conception, women will want to resolve any imbalances in order to promote regular ovulation. It is also important to confirm that the unblocked tube is functioning properly and that there are no other known infertility factors at play. Lastly, your male partner may also need to be evaluated to confirm his fertility. We recommended speaking to one of our Chinese Medicine fertility experts for a free tailor made plan to help you conceive even with one blocked fallopian tube. Click here for your free consultation form.
Gratefully, the answer to “Can you get pregnant with one fallopian tube blocked?” is that it is entirely possible. Even better news is that it is possible without the use of drugs, surgery, and other invasive interventions. To ensure a successful conception, women are encouraged to correct whatever the underlying causes are. Blockages due to inflammation may benefit from acupuncture.
Those caused by issues such as stagnation or other imbalances may be improved when treated with Chinese medicinal herbs such as Dong Quai. Unfortunately, surgery and IVF can be both costly and time-consuming. They also require the use of drugs to improve the chances of conception. If you are looking for a natural, drug-free option for getting pregnant with one fallopian tube blocked, speak to a TCM practitioner about how to achieve a healthy pregnancy.
For more information about how Chinese Medicine can help you get pregnant with one fallopian tube blocked, book your free consultation with our Chinese Medicine experts today
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our clinics website: GinSen where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.