Herbs That Will Help Combat The Most Common Viral Infection Symptoms
Most people are familiar with the telltale signs of a viral infection. Some of the most common symptoms include chronic fever, brain fog, memory and cognitive slowness, and even tinnitus. Chronic fever is any elevation in body temperature that lasts for more than 10 days. Though brain fog is not a medical term, it generally refers to non-specified cognitive issues. Memory slowness may present as memory loss or sometimes as general cognitive decline. Lastly, tinnitus refers to ringing or other noises in the ears that is not caused by any sort of external sound. As the world continues to experience an international pandemic, many people may find that they are now suffering from some of these symptoms associated with viral infections.
The good news is that there are antiviral herbs that can help to alleviate these symptoms, and these natural antivirals are readily available for purchase. If you are looking for drug-free, natural antivirals, then read on to learn more about the eight herbs that will help combat viral infection symptoms.
Herbs for Viral Infection Symptoms
1. Rhodiola Rosea: Native to parts of Asia and Europe, Rhodiola Rosea has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for ages. In addition to being used in the treatment of infertility, and to improve strength, it has been shown in studies to reduce mental fatigue which is more commonly referred to as brain fog. Studies have shown that subjects who used Rhodiola Rosea experienced a reduction in mental fatigue and even reported an improved overall feeling wellbeing. Though further studies are needed, it is believed that the compounds rosavin and salidroside are responsible for Rhodiola Rosea’s ability to reduce brain fog.
2. Cordyceps: With a long history of use in TCM, Cordyceps Sinensis is native to the Tibetan Plateau near the Himalayas and parts of North America and Europe. It contains a metabolite called Cordycepin which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties. A study out of the College of Pharmacy at Beihua University in Jilin, China demonstrated that the polypeptides found in cordyceps were able to improve both memory and learning ability in mice. It was even been shown to prevent memory impairment.
3. Dandelion: Known by the scientific name Taraxacum officinale, or in TCM as Pu Gong Ying, dandelion can be found in the mild climates of parts of Europe. Studies have shown that extracts from dandelion help reduce cytotoxicity. In doing so, it is believed that dandelion may be effective in reducing toxins from the auditory canal to improve auditory perception and reduce the symptoms that are associated with tinnitus. Click here to purchase Dandelion Supplement.
4. Anemarrhena Rhizome: Referred to in TCM as zhi mu, Anemarrhena Rhizome is a plant that is native to China and Mongolia. Often used in conjunction with other antiviral herbs for viral infection symptoms, concoctions that contain Anemarrhena Rhizome were reported to be effective in the treatment of tinnitus.
5. Astragalus: Astragalus membranaceus, which is known in TCM as Huang Qi, is a type of heteropolysaccharide which comes from stems and dried roots of a flowering plant that is native to certain parts of Asia. Extracts from this herb offer protection against neurodegenerative diseases. Subjects in a study out of the Department of Pharmacology at Basic Medical College of Anhui Medical University reported significant improvement in both learning and memory impairment due to use of Huang Qi.
6. Bupleurum Root: This root that is derived from bupleurum scorzoneraefolium is commonly used to treat liver qi stagnation. However, it also works to improve memory function due to its ability to stimulate activity in the hippocampus of the human brain. In addition to memory improvement, Bepleurum Root also has antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Dandelion: Since it is able to treat multiple symptoms of viral infections, dandelion is one of the most useful antiviral herbs. Not only may dandelion aid in the treatment of tinnitus, another one of its many uses is in the treatment of chronic fever. This is thanks to its ability to inhibit viral creation. Not only is it a popular herb in TCM, but it is also used by the Mexican population to treat the viral illness dengue fever.
8. Red Sage: Also known as Danshen or by the scientific name Salvia miltiorrhiza, Red Sage is another antiviral herb that is native to China. Its history of use includes the liver regeneration as well as the treatment of diabetic retinopathy, It is sometimes used in conjunction with other antiviral herbs for viral infection symptoms to reduce fever. It has even been shown to improve symptoms associated with other illnesses such as viral hepatitis.
Though there are many drugs available that can be used to treat viral infection symptoms, some of them, such as acetaminophen, have drastic side effects including liver toxicity. Others are costly or require a visit to the doctor’s office. If you are looking for drug-free natural antiviral options, then consider speaking with your healthcare practitioner to learn more about these eight herbs for viral infection symptoms. The herbs listed above are all readily available for purchase and have been proven to be an effective alternative to Western medicine options. Since the world is still experiencing the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, the symptoms associated with viral infections may unfortunately become far more common. If you happen to be suffering from any of these symptoms, then these antiviral herbs present and affordable treatment option and an alternative to prescription drugs.
A. Rhodiola by GinSen are high-strength Rhodiola supplements, Rhodiola is an adaptogenic herb that offers a range of benefits. Expertly formulated these Rhodiola supplements contain only the finest Rhodiola extract. Add to your daily routine to boost the immune system, energy, manage stress and fatigue, A. Rhodiola works by improving the blood oxygen saturation offering relief from shortness of breathing, chest pains and headaches. It can also be used to balance hormones and address fertility concerns.
Natural Dandelion or Pu Gong Ying by GinSen is a high grade botanical extract which offers natural antibacterial and antiviral properties along with promoting natural detox. These dandelion supplements are powerful antioxidants, containing high diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that promote digestion and strengthen the immune system. It works by eliminating toxic heat from the body and provides relief from symptoms such as fever, sore throat, cold, and flu.
For more information about how Chinese Medicine can help you with viral infection symptoms, book your free consultation with our Chinese Medicine experts today
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our clinics website: GinSen where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.