Low Sperm Volume Treatment With Chinese Medicine
In hopes of achieving a healthy pregnancy, many men come to find out they struggle with fertility issues of their own. Low sperm count can be an extremely frustrating thing to deal with, and it can affect men of all ages and demographics. The good news is that low sperm count can be treated without medical assistance. There are a number of different changes men can make to their diet and routine to increase sperm count in a relatively short period of time.
This article will dive into the causes and effects of low sperm count, along with the best natural ways to increase sperm volume.
Can a Man with Low Sperm Volume get a Woman Pregnant?
A man with low sperm volume can still get a woman pregnant, although history would show that the chances are very low. Although conception through sex is the almost always the first way a couple will try and get pregnant, there are other proven ways to get pregnant. In vitro fertilization (IVF) or sperm donation (donor insemination) are two of the more popular proven alternatives to conceiving naturally.
It should be mentioned that despite how frustrating low sperm count can be, men should not expect to increase sperm volume overnight. This is something backed by hundreds of studies, that show the average sperm regeneration time to be 74 days. Sperm production happens around the clock in the male reproductive system, and can be impacted by a number of factors:
- Frequency of ejaculation
- Type and frequency of exercise
Overall, the sperm regeneration process simply takes too long for the volume of sperm to grow overnight. In addition to that, the factors that impact sperm volume are based on extended periods of time, not on a day-to-day basis.
Causes of Low Sperm Volume – Traditional Chinese Medicine
The causes in specific cases of low sperm volume can often vary. However, there are a few causes that seem to prevail in men more than others. The following list details each of Traditional Chinese Medicine’s explanations for low sperm volume.
- Kidney Weakness (Asthenia): Kidneys are said to control the pre-natal essence of Jing in the body, or in other words, what controls the body’s ability to reproduce effectively. To restore strength, and ultimately the pre-natal essence to the Kidneys, an excess of pathogenic factors must be cleared, bringing balance back to the body.
- Liver Qi Stagnation: The liver is a central organ in the body’s reproductive health, and is said to control the smooth flow of Qi or life force in the body. The liver is intimately connected with the kidneys, as it helps control the blood that produces pre-natal essence in the kidneys. Stagnation of Qi in the liver can result in poor blood control and production of semen. Causes of Liver Qi Stagnation vary case-by-case, but are often attributed to social pressures, stress, and frequent sweating.
- Deficiency in Qi and Blood: Qi stagnation in the liver can cause excessive deficiencies of Qi throughout the reproductive system as well as blood stasis, which further blocks the movement of Qi. This can eventually constrict sperm count in the body by cause of abnormal morphology of the veins in testes.
- Blockage of Meridians: Blockage in the meridians can come from an excess of phlegm and dampness, which is often attributed to a weakness of the spleen. This further prohibits a healthy flow of Qi in the body, and ultimately leads to a decreased sperm count.
Natural Ways to Increase Sperm Volume and Count With Chinese Medicine
According to Chinese medicine, Qi and blood need to flow smoothly to nourish the male reproductive organs. For a healthy sperm good amount of blood and free flow of energy is required, any blockage in this flow will affect the sperm volume and count negatively, dampness and phlegm are often the causes of blockages.
Acupuncture is one form of treatment that can get to the root cause of low sperm volume and count along with herbal supplements. The goal of these treatments is to improve blood flow to the reproductive organs, kidneys and liver. Strengthening these organs will clear dampness, phlegm that is causing the blockage and affecting the sperms volume and count.
- Acupuncture: In a number of different circumstances and treatments, acupuncture has been known to help remedy infertility in men. Studies have shown the treatment not only increases overall sperm volume, but also decreases sperm abnormalities. Acupuncture can increase sperm volume and count by improving sperm parameters, improving blood flow, reducing inflammation and increasing testosterone levels. Acupuncture will also nourish Qi and blood, which can improve overall sperm’s quality.
- Herbal Supplements: In addition to having shown the ability to help remedy a wide variety of other ailments of the human body, herbal supplements have been known to improve sperm count too. The most popular supplements include Goji berry, ginseng.
- Essential Vitamins: Along with vitamin C and D mentioned previously, there are several vitamins shown to improve fertility in men. Some of the most effective include Zinc, Vitamin E, and Selenium.
How to Increase Sperm Volume and Count With Lifestyle Changes
To really make a difference in sperm volume, it is essential that men have a long-term recovery plan. The most effective recovery treatments normally have a minimum duration of 2-3 months. Men should not expect to see an increase in sperm count for any period of time less than that duration.
While many couples turn to medical help at the first sign of a low sperm count and volume, there are a number of more natural ways to remedy the situation.
- Regular Exercise: Especially for men who struggle with obesity or other health issues, exercise is one of the leading natural ways of increasing sperm count. Studies have shown improvement in sperm count of men who complete at least a 16-week aerobic exercise routine at a minimum of three, 50-minute sessions per week.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking: Along with being linked to a number of other health issues, excessive alcohol and drug consumption has been linked to a decreased sperm volume.
Final Thoughts on Increasing Sperm Volume and Count
While it can be a frustrating thing to deal with, 1 in 3 men report having issues in sperm count – it is a very common problem. Despite the instinct in western culture to run for medical assistance, there are several proven methods that men can use to naturally increase sperm count. Although it varies case-by-case, herbal supplements, acupuncture, regular exercise, and an improved diet can be just as effective in increasing sperm volume as any professional medical treatment.
For more information about how Chinese Medicine can help you to increase sperm volume, book your free consultation with our Chinese Medicine experts today
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our clinics website: GinSen where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.