Lymphatic Drainage Massage
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
The lymphatic system is the body’s front line of defence for fighting infection, detoxifying, transporting waste, excess fluid, bacteria and toxins out of the body. A well functioning lymphatic system can be crucial for good health. If the lymphatic system is blocked, fatigue, susceptibility to coughs and colds, fluid retention and ill health can result.
How does it work?
It uses very light pressure combined with soft pumping movements. This stimulates the lymphatic system and aids the body’s immune system. Deeply relaxing, it, this process can help with the following:
- Promotes the healing of fractures and sprains, and aids pain relief
- Helps relieve fatigue
- Strengthens the immune system and detoxes the body
- Reduces swelling of the legs and ankles during pregnancy
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphedema (swelling after cancer treatment or surgery which damages or removes the lymph nodes).
What are the benefits?
- Clearing areas of congestion such as swollen ankles, puffy eyes and swollen legs
- Promotion of scar tissue healing, torn ligaments and sprains.
- Post-operative healing
- Swelling relief following plastic surgery