Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine therapy that uses moxa made from dried mugwort. It is a form of fire heat treatment that stimulates specific acupuncture points of the body.
Moxibustion provides effective support for:
- Chronic pain, muscular /tissue tensions, injuries and blockage
- Immune system disorders and breakdown, or autoimmune disorder
- Chronic/ acute gastroenteritis, peptic ulcer, diarrhea, indigestion
- Correction of breech presentation, fertility boost
- Menstrual cramps, disorders, chronic pelvic inflammationand many more
In Indirect Moxibustion, a practitioner lights one end of a moxa stick (roughly the shape and size of a cigar) and holds it an inch or two away from the skin. The moxa warms regions and specific acupuncture points (meridian points); brings mild warmth to the area without burning, until the skin becomes slightly red. The intensity of the heat is adjusted according to the patient’s condition and comfort.
The benefits of Moxibustion includes:
- Helps to increase blood circulation and energy levels
- Activate immune functions and increase the red and white blood cell count
- Heal wounded tissue and the revive of organs which have lost their capacity to function optimally.
- Lower blood pressure, reduce blood viscosity, and dialate various vessels
- Detox the body
Note: By carefully considering the type of moxibustion, and where and how to apply it, the treatment can be used safely and effectively for almost all patients. However, it should be noted that moxa, especially direct moxa, is generally not recommended for patients with diabetes, decreased sensitivity to pain, who are on certain medications such as prednisone, or who have any other conditions involving compromised circulation or a weakened immune system.
Disclaimer & Important Information
We can’t guarantee any treatment results. Symptoms, conditions and results are unpredictable and vary from person to person. treatment lengths and recovery times also vary from person to person. GinSen’s specialists will discuss your care needs before carrying out any treatment. All content on this site is provided as illustrative and for informational purposes only and does not guarantee results.
Contact us for your Moxibustion needs
Throughout my life, I have always found exams of any kind extremely stressful. Recently, when I was training to be an aerobics instructor, the thought of the practical examination filled me with dread. I had several acupuncture treatments in the run up to my exam to relieve anxiety and reduce stress. The acupuncture, herbal medicine, breathing exercises and reflexology massages made a huge difference. Although I did still suffer some nerves on the day of the exam, the overall effect was that the stress reduced significantly and I passed the exam. I cannot thank GinSen enough, they taught me to control my nerves, and without them, I am not sure I would have made it through my exam quite so easily