This document explains:
1. who we are;
2. the purposes for which we use information about you;
3. who we share information with;
4. how we protect your information; and
5. how you can contact us to find out more and check and update your information.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review; because this information may be updated from time to time we recommend you check it regularly. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th September 2021.
1. Who we are:
When we refer to GinSen, we mean:
157 Kings Road,
Company registration number: 5706856
By becoming a Ginseng Ltd member and registering with our website for either information, products or services, you are agreeing to share information you have provided to Ginseng Ltd and our partners in order for us to provide services to you.
2.1 Information we hold
Ginseng Ltd will hold the following details about you:
- Personal information about who you are, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth
- Details of when you contact us and when we contact you
- For the administration of our services to you it will be necessary to collect and process information which the Data Protection Act defines as “sensitive” (such as health information) either at the point of joining or when a case is raised. In such cases we will always explain what information we require and why it is needed. Such data will always be processed and stored securely
- Information collected using cookies stored on your device(s) about your use of our online websites
- You can edit and update your membership information at any time by logging in and updating your details
2.2 How we use your information
The main uses of your data are:
- To administer products you have purchased from the GinSen website.
- To provide you with the services we are able to offer when members request assistance.
- To communicate with you about your personalised consultation, any membership or treatment enquiries
From time-to-time we may request information from our users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as post code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Website and of our products and services generally, and all personal details and histories will be kept completely confidential. This may be up to three months after your purchase or treatment.
- To provide products and services to the customers of Ginseng Ltd.
- To send you details of products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you, including of other carefully selected organisations, where you have agreed to receive these.
- To carry out market research. We will always seek your consent first if we ever wish to use your sensitive personal information about health matters for market research purposes.
- To track and analyse activity on our website
- When you become a customer through the GinSen website, request assistance, purchase a GinSen product or service or end your membership we may follow up that event with an enquiry or short survey about your experience to help us gauge member satisfaction.
- Sometimes, we may use the information we hold about you to develop aggregated and anonymised information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring usage of our services. This helps to develop new services. Such aggregated information may be shared in an anonymised format with third parties but it will never include information that can be used to identify any individual.
3.1 Sharing your details
To run GinSen and to provide you with our services, we may share your information with others, both inside and outside Ginseng Ltd.
This might mean sharing your information:
3.2 Within Other GinSen Clinics
Information about you and any products you hold with us may be used within GinSen for all purposes necessary for performing our contract with you and for:
- Assisting in verifying your identity
- Assessing risks
- Understanding your requirements
- Developing, testing, researching and improving products and services
- Marketing products and services we believe may be appropriate to you
- Training and business analysis
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Preventing or detecting financial crime
- Complaints handling
- Improving customer service
- We may also need to give information to third parties where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
4.1 Security of your personal information
GinSen takes your privacy very seriously and has a range of policies, processes and technical measures in place to safeguard your personal information. We endeavour to protect all information we hold about you by ensuring that we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access, information being lost, destroyed or damaged. For instance we conduct audits to monitor our compliance with Information Security and data protection requirements.
In the usual course of our business, we may use third party organisations called “data processors” to support the essential delivery of our services. This may be to support IT systems in which your information is stored, or for the purposes of allowing recurring payments, debt collection, transportation and storage of information and confidential destruction.
Where a third party “data processor” is used to do things on our behalf, we ensure that they operate under contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to their obligations under the Data Protection Act.
Personal information you provide to us is kept for as long as is reasonably necessary. We have implemented appropriate security to protect the personal information you disclose to us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction
4.2 This means though that if you contact us:
We may need to carry out some checks to make sure that we are talking to the right person. This makes it more difficult for criminals to use financial systems, or to use false names and addresses, to steal the identities of innocent people. Checking identity is an important way of fighting money laundering and other criminal activities.
If we are unable to validate your name and address details in this way, we may ask you to provide further evidence so that we can access your sensitive information.
In addition to this, as part of our ongoing requirement to verify the identity of existing members, you may be asked to provide certain documents to confirm your name and/or address.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to discuss any financial transactions made with the originating account holder
Communications in connection with our site may be sent by email. For ease of use and compatibility, communications other than payments will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. Email unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication.
5.1 Keeping your information up to date
From time to time you may need to update your contact details and if you pay for other people on your membership you can do this on their behalf. If you’re registered on our website you can update your contact preferences by logging in.
5.2 Freedom of Information
Ginseng Ltd and its subsidiaries do not fall under the Freedom of Information act as Ginseng Ltd is not a public authority.
5.3 Subject Access Requests
In line with principle 6 of the data protection act 1998 you can ask for the information that we hold on you. For a Subject Access Request to be valid we must receive this in writing and we have 40 calendar days to respond to your request.
To help us to identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you we may occasionally write to you. The identification of these products or services may be based on products you hold with us or on activity carried out during your memberships. If you do not wish to receive information on products and services by letter, telephone or email, or any combination of these, you can write and tell us at any time . We may occasionally invite you to reconsider your preferences, for instance if you take out a new product with us.
We will never sell your information, share or give any information to external companies for their own marketing purposes.
If you wish to change any permissions you have given for us to contact you with details of products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you, including of other carefully selected organisations, you can unsubscribe by either using the unsubscribe link featured on emails or by sending a letter of request to.
157 Kings Road,
5.6 Retaining your Information
If you provide us with your personal information we will keep the information for as long as is necessary to comply with data protection or legal obligation or for audit purposes. We may also retain your details for a limited period and use them to help us to identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, which may be based on products you hold with us or on activity carried out during your membership. If your membership terminates we may retain your information for up to 3 years so that we can conduct research and in case you decide to come back to us at a later date.
A “cookie” is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer or mobile device [hard drive]. It allows us to recognise your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” or “clear gif” is typically a one-pixel image, used to pass information from your computer or mobile device to a website.
Like many other websites, this Site may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system you use to access the Site, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you visit, and the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to the Site. We may use such information to analyse trends, administer the Site, track user’s movement around the Site, and gather demographic information. Such information is not linked to any information that is Personal Information, with the exception of the IP address which might be used to identify spamming attempts.
Learn how to remove all cookies for your browser type here
Finding out more
If you have questions about our services or our use of information about you, you should call us or write to us so that we do our best to help.
157 Kings Road,